- LATE BREAKING ABSTRACT
- We have already closed the website for the abstract submission on 25 Sept. However, the organizing committee has decided to invite authors of very important results to submit their late breaking abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the symposium. Abstracts should be submitted directly by e-mail to the secretariat office using the designated template. The type of presentation, oral or poster, will be decided by the organizing committee.
- Because we have to edit and print the program and abstract book, late breaking abstracts may not be included in the book, but distributed as separate sheets on the date of the symposium. The presenters have to make registration through the website.
We welcome oral and poster presentations from general participants, in addition to the Symposium of plenary, keynote, and invited speakers.
Please follow the instruction for abstract submission as below.
In order to submit your abstract, click the button below to go to the abstract submission page.
- Please fill out all the required fields in the abstract submission page.
- Abstract must be prepared concisely in English.
- Please use the abstract template. You can download the docx. template below.
- Length: The abstract should be in one page (including statements of introduction, materials & methods, results, discussion, references, acknowledgments, etc.).
- Keywords: Up to 5 keywords required.
- Abstract submission is only accepted through our online system as below.
- After submitting your abstract online, auto-reply mail will be delivered to your registered e-mail. Please make sure to secure your submission number and password.
- You may view, confirm, and edit your abstract during the submission period. Please note that you will not be able to access to your abstract online after the submission deadline.
Young Excellent Abstract Awards
- The organizing committee has decided to bestow Young Excellent Abstract Awards as follows:
- The applicant should be 45 years old or below and the first author of the abstract, and should make his/her presentation.
- The winners will be decided by the organizing committee and awarded with certificates during the conference.
Topics of the symposium
1. Blood Substitutes
- 1-1. Novel products development, e.g.,
(a) RBC substitutes,
(b) platelet substitutes,
(c) WBC substitutes,
(d) plasma expanders,
(e) coagulation factors, and
(f) blood cell growth factors,
that can be generated by various technologies, such as chemical modification, chemical synthesis, encapsulation, genetic recombination, and iPS or ES cells derived.
- 1-2. Pre-clinical safety and efficacy evaluation on pharmacological, toxicological, hemodynamic, microhemodynamic and pharmacokinetic studies of various products.
- 1-3. Novel technologies on production including pathogen inactivation/removal of biological products.
- 1-4. Clinical research, such as design on clinical trials, studies on efficacy and adverse effects of various products.
- 1-5. Others.
2. Bio-nano carriers for oxygen/carbon monoxide/nitric oxide therapeutics
- 2-1. New products and their manufacturing technologies
- 2-2. Biological nano oxygen carrier therapeutics for hypoxia related diseases, such as tumor, vascular disease and donor organ preservation during transplantation, with emphasis on pre-clinical efficacy, safety evaluation and related basic research
- 2-3. Biological nano carbon monoxide carrier therapeutics for inflammatory and oxidative diseases.
- 2-4. Biological nano nitric oxide carrier therapeutics for various diseases.
- 2-5. Research on the design of clinical trials, evaluation on efficacy and adverse reactions of various products and related basic research.
- 2-6. Others
3. Artificial cells
- 3-1. New products that can be used for blood perfusion, drug controlled-release, enzyme immobilization and their manufacturing technologies as well as related basic research.
- 3-2. Clinical application and other applications, evaluation on the efficacy, safety and related basic research.
- 3-3. Nanosized soluble artificial cells.
- 3-4. Others.
4. Updates and perspectives on clinical transfusion and its adverse reactions
- 4-1. New concepts on clinical transfusion, new technologies, new experiences, new development trends and related basic research
- 4-2. Updates and perspectives on transfusion related infectious and non-infectious risks, and related basic research
- 4-3. Patient blood management
- 4-4. Others.
Abstract Submission Period
July 1 (MON) -
September 15 (SUN) ⇒ September 25 (WED)
Those who submit abstracts are required to complete online registration beforehand.
- Notice of Acceptance:
- Acceptance notice including presentation details will be sent to you by the end of September by email.
Please click the button below to submit your abstract. (From July 1st)