The 10th International Symposium on Autophagy October 23(Sun)-27(Thu), 2022 Sapporo, Japan [Venue] Chateraise Gateaux Kingdom Sapporo Hotel & SPA Resort
Information about entering Japan
Currently, all foreign nationals who newly enter Japan need a Visa except those with re-entry permits. Please make sure of the latest border measures at the following link.
Border measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Unless you have already paid the registration fee of the ISA, please complete the payment. Upon receipt of it, JTB (our agency) will contact each registrant for further procedures.
The cost for visa application procedures is JPY18,150, which includes consumption tax and JTB's handling fee. For student registrants, the ISA will cover this cost.
Greetings from the Chair
Welcome to the website for the 10th International Symposium on Autophagy (ISA)!
As you may know, the 10th ISA, originally scheduled for May 2021, has been postponed due to COVID-19. While the world has been continuing to fight against the coronavirus, we are working to hold this symposium in October 2022. We are aiming for a face-to-face symposium while considering the possibility of a hybrid one in accordance with the situation at that time.
The first ISA, organized by Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi (the 2016 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine), was held in 1997 and since then, the ISA has been positioned as one of the most prestigious international meetings in the autophagy research field. The 10th ISA will cover a broad range of topics from basic biology to disease-related science, and we believe that your contribution to this symposium would be invaluable.
Please mark your calendar from October 23 to 27, 2022, and join us at the 10th ISA in Sapporo, Japan. We expect more than 300 participants to attend as we had in past ISAs.
The venue is Chateraise Gateaux Kingdom Sapporo Hotel and Spa Resort located in Sapporo. Sapporo is the capital of Hokkaido, which is the northernmost island of Japan, surrounded by the Sea of Okhotsk, the Sea of Japan, and the Pacific Ocean. Hokkaido has attracted many travelers with its vast land, beautiful nature, and many delicious foods.
Juntendo University, Japan
We believe that you will be able to enjoy high-quality science with fruitful discussion as well as discover your own Hokkaido.
We all look forward to seeing you in Sapporo!
- Guang-Chao Chen (Academia Sinica, Taiwan)
- Nobutaka Hattori (Juntendo University, Japan)
- Masaaki Komatsu (Juntendo University, Japan)
- Eiki Kominami (Juntendo University, Japan)
- Myung-Shik Lee (Yonsei University, Korea)
- Noboru Mizushima (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Hitoshi Nakatogawa (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Nobuo N. Noda (Hokkaido University, Japan)
- Yoshinori Ohsumi (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Yasuyoshi Sakai (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Han-Ming Shen (University of Macau, China)
- Yasuo Uchiyama (Juntendo University, Japan)
- Tamotsu Yoshimori (Osaka University, Japan)
- Hong Zhang (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
|Deadline for Abstract Submission (Consideration for Short Talk)||July 15, 2022|
|Deadline for Abstract Submission||August 12, 2022|
|Deadline for Registration||September 2, 2022|
- ISA Secretariat
- Email: isa2022(at)juntendo.ac.jp
- KAKENHI, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas "Multimode autophagy: Diverse pathways and selectivity"