The 10th International Symposium on Autophagy
On behalf of the organizing committee, it is my great pleasure to invite you to the 10th International Symposium on Autophagy (ISA), to be held in Sapporo, Japan from Oct 23 to 27, 2022.
Autophagy is one of the most exciting areas in cell biology. Past two decades, studies on autophagy have explosively expanded from the molecular mechanism to disease states. However, autophagy research is not showing any signs of convergence. Rather, new discoveries provide plenty of next issues that should be resolved.
The first ISA, proposed and organized by Dr.Yoshinori Ohsumi, was held in 1997 and since then the ISA has been positioned as one of the most prestigious international meetings in the autophagy research area. The 10th ISA will of course cover a broad range of topics from basic biology to disease-related science, and I believe that your contribution to this symposium would be invaluable. Including many young scientists, we are expecting about 300 participants to attend.
The venue for the Conference is Chateraise Gateaux Kingdom Sapporo located in Sapporo, Hokkaido.
Hokkaido is the northernmost island in Japan, surrounded by the Sea of Okhotsk, the Sea of Japan and the Pacific Ocean. Hokkaido is made up of four distinct seasons, magnificent mountains, vast hot springs, beautiful lakes and swamps.
Given the travel time, it's best to come to Sapporo by a speedy plane. New Chitose Airport, the gateway to Hokkaido, is linked with major cities across the country including Tokyo and Osaka and international cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Taipei.
I very much hope that you will share my enthusiasm for this meeting. We look forward to welcoming you in Sapporo next spring.
Announcement of postponement, 10th ISA
First, I hope you, your family and your lab member all are in good health. I sincerely wish that we are released from the afraid of covid-19.
We had a plan to held 10th International Symposium on Autophagy (May 9 to 13, 2021).
But, considering current situation, it is quite difficult for us to hold 10th ISA in Sapporo Japan in next May.
I have discussed with the ISA committee whether we should postpone 10th ISA or hold the conference in web. We decided to postpone the conference over 1-year and have face-to-face conference.
We am planning to hold that meeting in autumn 2022 (Oct. 23 to 27, 2022).
- Masaaki Komatsu (Juntendo University School of Medicine, Japan)
- Organizer Committee
- Guang-Chao Chen (Academia Sinica, Taiwan)
- Nobutaka Hattori (Juntendo University School of Medicine, Japan)
- Eiki Kominami (Juntendo University School of Medicine, Japan)
- Myung-Shik Lee (Yonsei University, Korea)
- Noboru Mizushima (University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Hitoshi Nakatogawa (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Nobuo N. Noda (Institute of Microbial Chemistry, Japan)
- Yoshinori Ohsumi (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Yasuyoshi Sakai (Kyoto University)
- Han-Ming Shen (University of Macau, China)
- Yasuo Uchiyama (Juntendo University School of Medicine, Japan)
- Tamotsu Yoshimori (Osaka University, Japan)
- Hong Zhang (Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
Supported by Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas "Multimode autophagy: Diverse pathways and selectivity"
- Jun 22, 2020
- Website is opened.